We are so excited to announce that we will be starting an Enrichment Program for preschoolers this fall!
This is going to be such a wonderful experience for the children enrolled, and for us!
Pumpkin Creek Academy is an enrichment program for preschoolers, ages 3.5 to 5 years. The classes are very small (open to only 4 students) and we will focus on life skills, art, manners and nature study.
This is an 11 week program and it runs September 4 - November 15th.
The program is inspired by the Charlotte Mason and Montessori educational methods. (the way my children were educated ). It has proven to be an extremely effective way to learn about the beautiful world God created!
Field Of Study For Our Eleven Week Enrichment Program:
- Planting a winter garden.
- Proper care and feeding of animals.
- Study of wheat and making bread from scratch.
- Electricity (from batteries).
- Let's make soap!
- Zip line rocket ship
- Let's make homemade jam.
- Battery powered homemade truck.
- Sheep shearing and wool processing.
- Harvesting persimmons and hickory nuts.
- Candle making.